January 30, 2015
February and March are looking like fairly busy months for music performances. In addition to my two regular bands, I have also been hired to perform with some other fine musicians. Currently, my schedule looks like the following:
For a complete schedule and performance details, please check my website – www.reverbnation.com/trnewcomb.
December 29, 2014
As those of you who follow this blog know, I currently hold down the trombone chair in the Fog City Stompers, and the second cornet chair with the Mission Gold Jazz Band. These are my two regular bands, though I also play with Pat Dutrow’s Jazzmeisters and the East Bay Stompers as well as subbing with a number of other traditional and swing bands in the Bay Area. With 2015 looming, I decided to do a little publicizing.
Mission Gold’s online home has long been hosted on a site called JazzDance.org. However, JazzDance’s webmaster recently passed on, so we have decided to move. After some research, we chose Reverbnation as our new home, mainly due to the many tools it offers for bands. Mission Gold’s leader, trombonist John Soulis, and I spent some time a few weekends ago transferring data from the existing site, and I am pleased to announce that the new site is now live. It contains our upcoming schedule, member biographies, sample MP3s for downloading, and even a few YouTube videos of the band in action. The new site can be found at the following URL: http://reverbnation.com/missiongoldjazzband
. Stop by and say hello!
December 20, 2014
I’ve got quite a few jobs coming up in 2015, both with the Fog City Stompers and with the Mission Gold Jazz Band. For performance details and a complete list, please see my Reverbnation website, or you can check the band websites. I’ll list a few of the highlights here:
- Sunday, January 11: Performing with the Mission Gold Jazz Band at the Monterey Hot Jazz Society.
- Sunday, January 25: Performing with Pat Dutrow’s Jazzmeisters at the South Bay Traditional Jazz Society.
- Sunday, February 1: Performing with the Fog City Stompers at the Santa Rosa TRADJASS Society.
- Sunday, March 1: Performing with the Mission Gold Jazz Band at the Santa Rosa TRADJASS Society.
- Sunday, March 15: Performing with the Flying Eagles Jazz Band at the New Orleans Jazz Club of Northern California.
- Sunday, March 22: Performing with the Mission Gold Jazz Band at the South Bay Traditional Jazz Society.
- Sunday, April 19: Performing with the Fog City Stompers at the New Orleans Jazz Club of Northern California.
- Saturday, July 11: Performing with the Fog City Stompers at the Cline Cellars Wine & Jazz Festival.
In addition, I perform with the East Bay Stompers every third Thursday at Bronco Billy’s Pizza Palace in Fremont from 7-9PM. Admission is free, and the pizza is good, so stop by if you’re in the area. More shows will be coming up, so watch this space!
January 24, 2014
The year 2014 is shaping up to be fairly busy. So far I have booked the following performances in the month of February. Hope to see you at a few of them!
- February 2, 2014: The Mission Gold Jazz Band is the featured band at the Santa Rosa Trad JASS Society. 1-5 PM at Ellington Hall, Santa Rosa, California.
- February 13, 2014: (PRIVATE EVENT) The Mission Gold Jazz Band is playing for the annual Carlton Plaza Valentine’s Day luncheon. 1:30-2:30 PM at Carlton Plaza, San Leandro, California.
- February 14, 2014: The Kevin Brunetti Trio is opening for Supermule’s Super Awesome Love Show at the Freight & Salvage in Berkeley. We play 7-8:30 PM.
- February 16, 2014: The Fog City Stompers will perform at the annual New Orleans Jazz Club of Northern California Showcase of Bands. We play 1-1:50 PM.
- February 16, 2014: Mission Gold Jazz Band will perform at the annual New Orleans Jazz Club of Northern California Showcase of Bands. We play 3-3:50 PM.
- February 20, 2014: The East Bay Stompers will play at Bronco Billy’s Pizza Palace, 41200 Blacow Road, Fremont California. from 7-9 PM.
- February 23, 2014: Pat Dutrow’s Jazzmeisters will perform at the South Bay Traditional Jazz Society. 1-5 PM at the Sunnyvale Elks Lodge, Sunnyvale, California.
For more details, please visit my website or my Facebook artist page.