January 30, 2015
February and March are looking like fairly busy months for music performances. In addition to my two regular bands, I have also been hired to perform with some other fine musicians. Currently, my schedule looks like the following:
For a complete schedule and performance details, please check my website – www.reverbnation.com/trnewcomb.
December 29, 2014
As those of you who follow this blog know, I currently hold down the trombone chair in the Fog City Stompers, and the second cornet chair with the Mission Gold Jazz Band. These are my two regular bands, though I also play with Pat Dutrow’s Jazzmeisters and the East Bay Stompers as well as subbing with a number of other traditional and swing bands in the Bay Area. With 2015 looming, I decided to do a little publicizing.
Mission Gold’s online home has long been hosted on a site called JazzDance.org. However, JazzDance’s webmaster recently passed on, so we have decided to move. After some research, we chose Reverbnation as our new home, mainly due to the many tools it offers for bands. Mission Gold’s leader, trombonist John Soulis, and I spent some time a few weekends ago transferring data from the existing site, and I am pleased to announce that the new site is now live. It contains our upcoming schedule, member biographies, sample MP3s for downloading, and even a few YouTube videos of the band in action. The new site can be found at the following URL: http://reverbnation.com/missiongoldjazzband
. Stop by and say hello!
December 20, 2014
I’ve got quite a few jobs coming up in 2015, both with the Fog City Stompers and with the Mission Gold Jazz Band. For performance details and a complete list, please see my Reverbnation website, or you can check the band websites. I’ll list a few of the highlights here:
- Sunday, January 11: Performing with the Mission Gold Jazz Band at the Monterey Hot Jazz Society.
- Sunday, January 25: Performing with Pat Dutrow’s Jazzmeisters at the South Bay Traditional Jazz Society.
- Sunday, February 1: Performing with the Fog City Stompers at the Santa Rosa TRADJASS Society.
- Sunday, March 1: Performing with the Mission Gold Jazz Band at the Santa Rosa TRADJASS Society.
- Sunday, March 15: Performing with the Flying Eagles Jazz Band at the New Orleans Jazz Club of Northern California.
- Sunday, March 22: Performing with the Mission Gold Jazz Band at the South Bay Traditional Jazz Society.
- Sunday, April 19: Performing with the Fog City Stompers at the New Orleans Jazz Club of Northern California.
- Saturday, July 11: Performing with the Fog City Stompers at the Cline Cellars Wine & Jazz Festival.
In addition, I perform with the East Bay Stompers every third Thursday at Bronco Billy’s Pizza Palace in Fremont from 7-9PM. Admission is free, and the pizza is good, so stop by if you’re in the area. More shows will be coming up, so watch this space!
April 5, 2010
I will be leading the Turk Island Jazz Band at the Hayward Retired Teachers’ Association luncheon tomorrow. I will be performing on April 25 at the South Bay Jazz Society as a part of the great banjoist Pat Dutrow’s Jazz Meisters. So far those are the only performances set for the month of April, though there are some other things in the works. Once those are finalized, I will of course update this post.
I have been asked on a number of occasions if I intend to post my own personal schedule of upcoming performances here at Newcomb’s Notations. The answer is no, I already have an up-to-date schedule posted at my official homepage, and I have not yet been able to create a ‘sticky’ post here on WordPress that a constantly updated schedule would require. Should I mange to create such a post, I will of course post that information here on Newcomb’s Notations.
But for now, the best place to keep up to date on my performance schedule is to check my MySpace page – it contains both an up to date schedule and some samples of the kind of music I prefer to perform.